Release Notes For 2.0.0
KubeSphere 2.0.0 was released on May 18th, 2019.
What's New in 2.0.0
- Support to update Kubernetes to Kubernetes 1.13.5.
- Integrated QingCloud Cloud Controller. After installing load balancer, QingCloud load balancer can be created through KubeSphere console and the backend workload is bind automatically.
- Integrated QingStor CSI v0.3.0 storage plugin and supported physical NeonSAN storage system. SAN storage service with high availability and high performance is available.
- Integrated QingCloud CSI v0.2.1 storage plugin and supported many types of volume to create QingCloud.
- Installation component Harbor can be updated to 1.7.5.
- Installation component GitLab has been updated to 11.8.1.
- Prometheus has been updated to 2.5.0
- Integrated Istio 1.1.1 and enabled the graphical creation which includes the application of multiple microservice components.
- Enabled the access to the project's external websites and the application traffic governance.
- Built in microservice as Bookinfo Application.
- Supported traffic governance.
- Supported traffic images.
- Provided load balancing of microservice based on Istio.
- Supported Canary release.
- Enabled blue-green deployment.
- Enabled the Circuit Breaking.
- Enabled tracing.
DevOps (CI/CD Pipeline)
- CI/CD pipeline provides email notification and supports the email notification during construction.
- Enhanced CI/CD graphical editing pipelines. And enhanced more pipelines for common plugins and execution conditions.
- Provide source code vulnerability scanning based on SonarQube 7.4.
- Support Source to Image feature. No code needed for Dockerfile's direct application load construction and publication.
- Provided Kubernetes component independent monitoring page including etcd, kube-apiserver and kube-scheduler.
- Optimized several monitoring algorithm.
- Optimized monitoring resources. Reduced Prometheus storage and the disk usage for 80%.
- Provide united log console based on tenant authorities.
- Enable accurate and fuzzy retrieval.
- Support real-time and history logs.
- Support combined log retrievals including namespace, workload, Pod, container, key words and time limit.
- Support details page of single and direct logs. Pods and containers can be switched.
- Self-developed FluentBit Operator supports logging gathering settings: Elasticsearch, Kafka and Fluentd can be added, activated or turned off as log collectors. Before sending to log collectors, you can put in filtering conditions for needed logs.
Alerting and Notifications
- Email notifications are available for cluster nodes and workload resources.
- Notification rules: combined multiple monitoring resources are are available, different warning levels, detection cycle, push times and threshold can be configured.
- Time and notifiers can be set.
- Enabled notification repeating rules for different levels.
- Fixed RunC Container Escape Vulnerability Runc container breakout
- Fixed Alpine's Docker's image Vulnerability Alpine container shadow breakout
- Supported single and multi-login configuration items.
- Verification code is required after multiple invalid logins.
- Enhanced passwords' policy and blocked weak passwords.
- Others security enhancements.
- Optimized multiple user experience of Console, such as the switch between DevOps project and other projects.
- Optimized many Chinese-English webpages.
- Supported etcd backup and recovery.
- Supported regular cleanup of the docker's image.
- Fixed delayed update of the resource and deleted pages.
- Fixed the left dirty data after deleting the HPA workload.
- Fixed incorrect Job status display.
- Corrected resource quota, Pod usage and storage metrics algorithm.
- Adjust CPU usage percentages.
- Fixed other Bugs as well.